Friday, July 10, 2015

Compose Your Frame

 


The frame I've chosen to compose is one I took of my sister while exploring Grafton Utah one day. Ironically the frame itself is literally divided into thirds, as we were trying for a creepy ghost-like picture. The rule of thirds is literally used as the frame itself is nine sections with my sister filling up the middle three. As for the diagonal lines, the window itself shows the lines, as well as outlines of the wood surrounding the window. There is lots of negative space surrounding the window, as the lighting which was presented made the surroundings look black, and the positive space filled is brighter. Vectors are easily identifiable as well, as the figure ground relationship is easily identified making the vectors of the window easy to follow with the eyes, and my sister in the background of this photo. Within the background the eyes follow the outlines of my sister, as well as the dominate tree in the back. With the dusty window, as well as the stance presented by my sister it gives the overall effect of creepy-little-girl I was shooting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment